Join us on sample date
An event where family and friends can come together to support the fight against cancer, supporting women's cancer research at VCU Massey Cancer Center.
Sunday, October 22, 2023, 12 - 7pm
Juniors Skills Challenge
- For ages 10-14 years old.
- 12 - 1pm Check-in opens at 11:45 am.
Ladies Doubles Tournament
- Check-in opens at 12:30 pm and event play will begin promptly at 1:00 pm*.
- *Start time will vary upon level of play.
- Email communication will be sent prior to the event with confirmed start time.
Courtside West Racquet and Fitness
1145 Gaskins Rd,
Richmond, VA 23238
Ladies Round Robin Tournament
- The $100.00 registration fee is a 100% donation to the Women & Wellness Fund at VCU Massey Cancer Center.
- Participants may either donate the total registration cost themselves, or fundraise to meet the $100 amount (or a combination of both).
- A maximum of 48 player spots are available.
Juniors Skills Challenge
- The $50.00 registration fee is a 100% donation to the Women & Wellness Fund at VCU Massey Cancer Center.
- Participants may either donate the total registration cost themselves, or fundraise to meet the $50 amount (or a combination of both).
- A maximum of 18 player spots are available.
- Players must be between ages of 10 and 14 years old.
All donations are accepted and greatly appreciated! If you would like to make a straight donation to benefit Massey without registering for the event, please select the “DONATE” button on Play It Forward’s home page and fill in the required information.
Players and non-players are welcome to create a peer-fundraising profile to Play it Forward, and raise funds to fight for a future without cancer!
Every registrant has their own “personal campaign” within their account. Be more than just a participant by sharing your story and motivation to participate in this year’s Play It Forward!
- Family friendly
- Snacks, and refreshments will be available for participants and audience members.
- Free Parking available near courts.
- Round Robin Tennis Play
- Particpants will be paired based on their experience level as reported in the registration form.
- Winners will receive a prize from one of our generous sponsors.
- Scoring will be the responsibility of the individual players. Tournament volunteers will track the progress of each team.
- Juniors Skills Challenge
- Participants must be between ages 10 and 14 years old.
- Players will receive instruction from Courtside West Tennis Pro
- Silent Auction
- A silent auction will take place throughout the event, and winners will be announced at the end.
- The silent auction will be available online. Stay tuned for more details
- If you are interested in donating an item to the silent auction, please email Meghan Zapiec at email@example.com
What to bring:
- Tennis Shoes and Racket
- Appropriate athletic clothing
- A FUN attitude!
Interested in volunteering? Great! We would greatly appreciate your support.
Please visit the link below to sign up as a volunteer and for more information about volunteering at this event.
Volunteer Sign-Up: email Meghan Zapiec at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Event Partners and Sponsors: